Thursday, January 28, 2010

sailing upside down



Today's practice with the still sea and air was one of exploring sense perception. The log reaching into the sky from the beach sculpture was an invitation to dangle and view the world from a new perspective. It caught me by surprise to see the sailboats in the doldrums seemingly sailing with the sky below and the sea overhead. My challenge was to observe with a soft gaze while the world was turned upside down. I wanted to share the perspective with you in the above photo :~)

Over the years of practicing yoga and now butoh, I have also noticed that positioning our bodies in ways in which we can literally see our surroundings from a way that we do not normally see them from, can also open the possibilities in day to day life to look at things in new ways. I love how this body process can influence the mind - more of a willingness to look at things in life from different vantage points.
Connecting with textures and smells in the tall grasses inspired a feeling of inner joy that took me to the shore to dance the inner body weather that was bubbling from the inside.

"Meet me here
where silence roars
where stillness is dancing
where the eternal is living and dying. "
Adyashanti
Music: Satowa
Visit my butoh mentor's beautiful blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment