Monday, February 1, 2010

earthward



"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ---Kahlil Gibran
Although the skies were overcast today, spring has arrived early and the sandy knoll was an invitation to dance barefoot. Initially wanting to practice seeing with the 'eyes on my back body,' the dance began moving uphill backwards with the intention to heighten my sense perceptions other than that of seeing with the eyes on my face, so as to not move in the direction in which 'I see.'

However, I was soon taken by the feeling of spaciousness this vista inspired and was drawn to want to experience this outer expansiveness on the inside.

One thing I love about spontaneous dancing in nature is the unexpected - here, slipping and falling at one point connecting with a face plant to mama earth :~) Enjoying so much the earthward turn - the smell, textures and softness of the sand and grass, which inspired gratitude for mama earth below and the expansive sky overhead.

Visit my butoh mentor's beautiful blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill
Music: Satowa
Filmed by Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment