Thursday, February 11, 2010

attic window


"Instructions for living a life.
Pay attention,
Be astonished,
tell about it."
Mary Oliver
Today after teaching yoga all morning, I arrived home feeling tired but content. The rain was falling hard and I loved the opportunity to snuggle with Soma cat upstairs which became my dance today. Feeling inspired by Momo's blog 'Cuddle Puddle' - settling into presence to notice the blooms outside the attic window.

In Momo's workshops we have entered into the dance by connecting specifically to our senses. At first drawn to this window to be with Soma, I became aware of the visual texture of the blossoming tree outside, and then the texture of Soma, that led to the exploration of the texture of the screened window...

A short dance today of connecting to other via texture...

Thank you for viewing / reading. I hope this blog may offer some inspiration to you.

There is a film in the black space below :~)

Music: Philip Glass
View my butoh mentor's beautiful blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment