Thursday, February 25, 2010

greenly spirits



i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes...
e.e. cummings

Today was one of those days where I was wondering where my daily dance inspiration could possibly come from as not only was the inspiration waning, but so was my energy. A mile or so into our walk, I was struck by a patch of intense green newly sprouting grass under a circle of evergreen cedar trees. The green was intensified by the sun breaking through the clouds and my inspiration was intensified by the sight of the moon behind me...

It is at that point my energy surged as well, resulting in a dance practice connecting to the cedar tree, the softest carpet of green covering this patch of earth, mama earth, the sun and the moon.

As we have done in Momo's workshops, I loved connecting to the senses more deeply in this verdant grove: the textures of the grasses, sweeping cedar, warm sun; the smells of the dirt and everything green; the sound of the swishing cedar limbs; and the sight of green, green, green... but, no tasting of the natural world today... :~)



Thank you for viewing / reading. I hope you are inspired in some way - perhaps to dance and connect with nature on a small patch of earth near you...

There is a film in the black space below:
Music: Ama "Tara"
Filmed by Brooke
Visit my butoh mentor's inspiring blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment