Saturday, February 27, 2010

sugar withdrawal


I would have said that my sugar intake in general was very low. However, at my acupuncture appointment yesterday I was told to not have sugar in any of it's forms for 24 hours... and that meant no fruit. Oh oh.... after 22 hours of no sugar, while walking a couple of miles to our local beach, I began to experience sugar withdrawal - all I could think about was getting home and plunging head first into some form of fruit or another...

It was such a good opportunity to witness my attachment to that which I also take for granted - the ability and the luxury to have whatever food or fruit I desire at any time - usually a few blocks and a grocery store away.
When so many of the world are lacking, I feel grateful for the abundance in my life...

Dusty, sooty city. Busyness
everywhere...
Blue dusk of a winter afternoon...
I look in all the windows
at nothing I want, nothing I require.
No ambition, no complaint.
"Strive and strive," the Master asked,
"What is it that you seek?"
No fear. No need. Happy without desire.
Sam Hamill

It was another rainy day and although I felt inspired to dance freely for my practice today, the weather was creating a limitation - where to dance so the camera would not be harmed by the rain? The driftwood sculpture on the beach provided shelter for Brooke as I danced my inner desire for sugar!

Thank you for viewing / reading this blog. I hope you may feel inspired in some way :~)
There is a film in the black space below:
Music: Lisa Gerrard
Filmed by Brooke
Visit my butoh mentor's inspiring blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment