Friday, May 21, 2010

in the pink



Hum

What is this dark hum among the roses?
The bees have gone simple, sipping,
that's all. What did you expect? Sophistication?
They're small creatures and they are
filling their bodies with sweetness, how could they not
moan in happiness? The little
worker bee lives, I have read, about three weeks.
Is that long? Long enough, I suppose, to understand
that life is a blessing. I have found them-haven't you?—
stopped in the very cups of the flowers, their wings
a little tattered-so much flying about, to the hive,
then out into the world, then back, and perhaps dancing,
should the task be to be a scout-sweet, dancing bee.
I think there isn't anything in this world I don't
admire. If there is, I don't know what it is. I
haven't met it yet. Nor expect to. The bee is small,
and since I wear glasses, so I can see the traffic and
read books, I have to
take them off and bend close to study and
understand what is happening. It's not hard, it's in fact
as instructive as anything I have ever studied. Plus, too,
it's love almost too fierce to endure, the bee
nuzzling like that into the blouse
of the rose. And the fragrance, and the honey, and of course
the sun, the purely pure sun, shining, all the while, over
all of us.

Mary Oliver



It was a joy to find this unexpected patch of flowering plants and bushes on the path less traveled today! I was so drawn to dance with the beauty on both sides of the trail and loved getting up close to the large, pink bells initially, that were a-buzz with bees!

Tuning into the sense of smell, the wild roses began to call and my joyfulness to dance with them was cut short by being pricked by their thorns - back to the sweet, receptive, sensuousness of the bell shaped flowers, which made me literally swoon to the earth :~)

This dance was a dance expression of gratitude for Mama Earth and her beauty in the form of these flowers, and the sun... and also a dance celebration of the dancing bees in the blouses of the flowers...

Thank you for viewing / reading this blog... I hope it may inspire you in some way - perhaps to dance your gratitude for Mama Earth...

Lee

If you double-click the photo below you will be able to see the film without it being cut-off on he right side :~)
Music: Chopin
Filmed by Brooke
Visit my butoh mentor's inspiring blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

1 comment:

  1. One of the favorite things about the click and double click of your films posted here is when they are both playing at the same time and just slightly in cannon with one another....this chopin music is particularly delightful and wild for that. love your rapture and how you share and celebrate it with us all dear leela!

    ReplyDelete