Saturday, May 15, 2010

chapel doors


"Where does the temple begin, where does it end?" Mary Oliver

After assisting my medicine woman mentor all day at the university, I couldn't resist doing this short dance as I was leaving. The copper chapel doors were glistening from the courtyard of the university and I felt called to do my dance practice with them...
Part of my dance practice is overcoming my challenge of feeling self-conscious about dancing wherever you may find yourself in the dance of your life. Although I feel most nourished by dancing while connecting with the natural world, I enjoyed the experience here with the smooth, wood grained floor beneath my feet and the sublime feeling of being in this sacred place...



Thank you for viewing / reading this blog... I hope it may inspire you to dance wherever you find yourself in your life...
Lee

If you double click the film below you can watch it without the right side being cut off :~)
Music: Philip Glass
See my butoh mentor's inspiring blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment