Wednesday, March 10, 2010

submerging



This dance practice is one of three - the first two practices are on the previous blog :~)

The island in the distance was shrouded in a misty looking cloud that was actually snow falling. I was feeling a heaviness from overhead at this point in my practice, as though gravity was pulling me down towards earth from the inside... the grey low hanging clouds and the falling snow all being drawn down, down, down...

Near the end of the practice, a harbor seal appeared and swam towards me - another wild being that seemed interested in the dance. After a time, it too disappeared downwards into the depths of the sea... I love how my practice allows the opportunity to connect to others in a way that feels soulful.

A daily dance practice inspired by submerging into the depths of the earth, the sea, the soul... into the mystery...

Cold now.
Close to the edge. Almost
unbearable. Clouds
bunch up and boil down
from the north of the white bear...

Maybe what cold is, is the time
we measure the love we have always had, secretly,
for our own bones, the hard knife-edged love
for the warm river of the I, beyond all else; maybe

that is what it means the beauty
of the blue shark cruising toward the tumbling seals.

Mary Oliver

Thank you for viewing / reading this blog. I hope that this blog may inspire you in some way :~)

There is a film in the black space below:
Music: Philip Glass
Visit my butoh mentor's inspiring blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment