Wednesday, March 24, 2010

earth anchoring


This is the last of three daily dance practices at Piccadilly Cove Park where I spent many days as a teenager growing up.

I don't remember seeing this huge anchor before and was struck by how it was embedded into the granite. I thought, in retrospect, it was funny how I 'tested' the anchor first to see if it would hold my weight without dislodging it :~)

Although the anchor's hook looked sharp, it felt empowering to feel supported by the metal element that was so deeply rooted into the bedrock of the earth element. A short dance practice of feeling connected and energized...

Thank you for viewing /reading... I always enjoy comments if you are inspired :~)

I have a feeling that my boat has struck,
down there in the depths,
against a great thing.
And nothing happens!
Nothing ...
Silence ...
Waves.
Nothing happens?
Or
Has everything
Happened and we are standing now, quietly, in the new life?”

Juan Ramon Jimenez quotes (Spanish poet, 1956 Nobel Prize for Literature, 1881-1958)

There is a film in the black space below:
Visit my butoh mentor's beautiful blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment