Friday, March 19, 2010

how the wind moves me


Coming out of a week long daily dance practice of being in the confines of a bag, my first day is one of integrating the experience. When I was not dancing with nature myself, what I noticed this past week was how much nature dances with itself, always in communion with other.

On this last day of winter the sun is shining brightly and the wind is blustery. Many times I have loved dancing with the wind as a partner as I find it soul fulfilling to move and be moved by the varying strengths of the unpredictable gusts against the body. The wind provides resistance to the body, but, I also like the idea of the body providing resistance to the wind so that the wind can dance with me :~)

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair."
Kahlil Gibran

What moved my spirit today was simply observing HOW the wind moves others in nature. It was a joy to see how the different leaves, branches, and blossoms in our yard danced with the spirit of the wind.





The above photo is a reflection from a bird bath outside the window which was dancing on the ceiling.

"A few minutes ago every tree was excited, bowing to the roaring storm, waving, swirling, tossing their branches in glorious enthusiasm like worship. But though to the outer ear these trees are now silent, their songs never cease." John Muir

Thank you for viewing. I hope this blog may inspire you in some way and also that you enjoy these images of nature being moved by the beauty of the wind.

There is a film in the black space below :~)
Music: Philip Glass
View my butoh mentor's inspiring blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

1 comment:

  1. For the Equinox today...I was honoring the unique dance of each and every single tree. So beautiful how the elements and beings all dance together with spirit breath of the wind! Ahhh, YES!

    ReplyDelete