Wednesday, March 24, 2010

morning prayer dance


After not much sleep last night due to hearing some devastating news and after being woken up several times with the sound of my dad having coughing / asthma attacks throughout the night, I was nonetheless inspired to drive to Piccadilly Lane Park which I loved to visit when I was a teen. Just as I was heading out, I grabbed a hat and scarf belonging to my dad from the front hall closet and a sprig of japonica from the garden.

The morning was spectacular as there was no wind and the ocean was like silver glass. The sun was shining warm through the haze and I was so happy to see a sea otter frolicking in the water, as well as two bald eagles flying along the cliffs overhead. The walk along the granite outcrops with the sun warming my being from the outside in, felt like a healing salve... as was the overwhelming feeling of gratitude for this moment, here, in this beautiful park.

It was a perfect place to offer a dance of reflection and prayer to the person in my life whom I love who will be undergoing health challenges in the near future.

"Lokaha Somastaha Sukhino Bhavantu" Sanskrit mantra meaning may all beings everywhere be happy and free from suffering and may our thoughts and actions contribute to that happiness and that freedom from suffering for all beings.



Praying

... just
pay attention, then patch
a few words together and don't try
to make them elaborate, this isn't
a contest but the doorway
into thanks, and a silence in which
another voice may speak.
Mary Oliver

Thank you for viewing, I hope this blog may inspire you in some way.
There is a film in the black space below:
Music: Deuter
Visit my inspiring butoh mentor's blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment