Friday, March 5, 2010

grumpy sunset



"I am so distant from the hope of myself,
in which I have goodness, and discernment,
and never hurry through the world
but walk slowly, and bow often."

Mary Oliver

After attempting to spend the day preparing my tax info for the IRS I was feeling irritable and grumpy. Outside the windows the day looked spectacular, and that heightened my inner frustration. Finally, it was time to break out of my self-created confines of tax preparation and head outdoors - just as the sun was setting.

Feeling more frustration that I had waited so long to enter the wildness today, I started our walk in a rather foul mood - and where in the next 5 minutes would I find a location to dance before it gets too dark?

Of course, nature has a way of soothing rattled nerves :~) As we entered the park a brisk wind was blowing, which was unusual as so many days lately have been calm, and in front of us dancing in the wind was a kite playing on the wind's currents and fluctuating gusts.

Inspired initially to dance in the wind with the wind as partner, the dance became play and it felt good to let my frustration from the day disperse in the wind. While overlooking the sun's radiance as it set, it was impossible not to feel humbled and not to honor the immensity of the greatest show on earth - the setting sun...

I appreciate so much how my daily dance practice can often transmute a particular energy or emotion into something else - whether by embodying it (as we have done in Momo's workshops) or by being present with that which is present...

Thank you for viewing / reading this blog... I hope it may be of some inspiration to you in some way...

There is a film in the black space below:
Music: Stefano Battaglia
Filmed by Brooke
Visit my butoh mentor's inspiring blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment