Monday, March 29, 2010

an ocean dousing



After many days of calm, spring-like weather, the clouds gathered overnight, the rain and hail fell furiously, and the wind blew with a vengeance today. After a busy day of teaching yoga and seeing clients I was thrilled that there was a break in the rain to zip to the beach and do my daily dance practice. I felt giddy with anticipation on my way to this rocky outcropping, to dance with the wind and the waves...



Where Does the Dance Begin, Where Does it End?

... Doesn't the wind, turning in circles, invent the dance?

Mary Oliver

I love how the waves and the wind invite spontaneity of movement as there is so much unpredictability in their dance... To receive a good dousing from Grandmother Ocean on this chilly day felt cleansing, invigorating and humbling...

Grandmother Ocean, Grandfather Sun, we honor and celebrate you...



Thank you for viewing / reading this blog. With gratitude for... you.

There is a film in the black space below:
Music: Sigur Ros
Visit my butoh mentor's inspiring blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment