Thursday, April 22, 2010

into the green


i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday; this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings: and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any--lifted from the no
of all nothing--human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

E.E. Cummings

On this day of celebrating Mama Earth (the 40th anniversary of Earth Day) I was struck by the evening light accentuating the green beauty of the uprising grass, I was inspired to dance with the grass and dandelion seeds as partners.

In Momo's workshops we have heightened our sensory experience and our relationship to the moment by covering our eyes with a blindfold. Today, even briefly, covering the eyes with my jacket's hood enabled me to tune into more deeply the senses of touch and smell - out of the head and into the body, on this quest to dance more freely...

I was surprised at one point when the grass felt sharp and cutting against my face - remembering how some grasses can have sharp 'barbs' along their edges... ouch...

Today's dance was a celebration of the greenly spirits and everything that is natural and infinite and... yes...

Thank you for viewing / reading. I hope that this blog may inspire you in some way,

Lee

"The god of dirt
came up to me many times and said
so many wise and delectable things,
I lay
on the grass listening
to his dog voice,
frog voice; now,
he said, and now,
and never once mentioned forever."

from, "One or Two Things"
— Mary Oliver (Dream Work)

There is a film in the black space below:
Music: Aiko Shimada and Elizabeth Falconer
Visit my butoh mentor's inspiring blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment