Friday, April 9, 2010

green means 'stop'


"Let the world have its way with you, luminous as it is with mystery and pain - graced as it is with the ordinary." Mary Oliver from "Red Bird"

Todays dance practice was en-route from the northland back home. I often feel emotionally drained after spending time with my elderly parents as it is hard to witness their challenges with the aging process - their decreased brain and body functions...

There is a lake the highway skirts along and I was drawn by it's beauty to take a short dance break beside the lake at a park I didn't know existed. Even though it was only a few minutes, this dance / movement / revitalize-ment in the green environs was an elixir to the body and soul - loving how this practice allows you to drop into your body, your experience and this moment so profoundly.

In the corner of the back deck of the visitor's center was a large fir tree that I was under - enjoying the stickiness and smell of the sap on the bench and the deck that had dripped from the tree above... remembering the importance of taking time to stop in the green in the midst of going... green means 'stop' and drop into the here and now :~)

Thank you for reading / viewing. I hope my daily practice may inspire you in some way, Lee
Music: Philip Glass
Visit my butoh mentor's inspiring blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment