Saturday, April 10, 2010

daisies, dandelions, and infinite blue


Daisies

At my feet the white-petalled daisies display
the small suns of their center piece, their -- if you don't
mind my saying so -- their hearts. Of course
I could be wrong, perhaps their hearts are pale and
narrow and hidden in the roots. What do I know?
But this: it is heaven itself to take what is given,
to see what is plain; what the sun lights up willingly;
for example -- I think this
as I reach down, not to pick but merely to touch --
the suitability of the field for the daisies, and the
daisies for the field.
~ Mary Oliver ~ from "Daisies" (Why I Wake Early)

While walking in the park today we took a trail less traveled and from a higher elevation looked down upon this amazing field alive and sparkling with dandelions and daisies. It is a shame we consider dandelions to be weeds as when they are able to grow freely they are so magnificent!! And, their leaves are yummy salad greens!

This view from above was such a contrast to the cultivated beauty of tulips in the Skagit Valley I danced with last week (see film below in the black space :~) Today, I loved the randomness of the scattered blooms and the brightness of the yellow was such an inspiration for feeling joyful.
Music: Jennifer Berizan

The field of wildflowers is adjacent to Daybreak Star Cultural Center, and it is where they have regular pow wows. I loved the circularness to the field, mirroring the circular flowers radiating out from their center and also looking into the circle of blue sky overhead connected me with the infinite and a feeling of expansiveness.

I loved connecting to the infinite blue overhead on the morning of my performance with Momo / MomoButoh Company in the afternoon - "A Study in Blue" at the Fremont Abbey (below).
Photo by Mimi

In my state of joyfulness, all I could think of doing, initially, was to help spread the dandelion seeds into the wind - what the world needs now is more wild beauty! More dandelions! More random acts of spreading beauty into the wind! As a friend of mine loves to say, "Wild is the way!"

Gratitude to Great Mystery for such beauty in the wildness...

Thank you for viewing. I hope this blog may inspire you in some way,
Lee
Music: Philip Glass
Filmed by Brooke
View my butoh mentor's inspiring blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment