Friday, July 9, 2010

infinitely big


"We must make room in ourselves for the immensity of the Universe."
Native South American saying

I continue to feel overwhelmed by the situation in the Gulf. At my last mentorship session with my butoh mentor, Momo, she suggested the idea of becoming infinitely large in order to be able to hold that which feels overwhelming in our lives...
At a pit-stop on South Whidbey Island I was drawn to do my dance practice barefooted on this sprawling green field. As I began my dance of expansiveness it was a joy to be joined by several swallows swooping around me and into the infinite space - to be able to fly!! Whhheeeee!

I loved discovering in the film later how the insects in the foreground grasses looked almost as big as me in the distance - the illusion of being very small and yet feeling very large on the inside... Today's challenge was one of embodying and being a large container - large enough to hold that which seems so devastating to the spirit.

And
For no reason
I start skipping like a child.

And
For no reason
I turn into a leaf
That is carried so high
I kiss the Sun's mouth
And dissolve.

And
For no reason
A thousand birds
Choose my head for a conference table,
Start passing their
Cups of wine
And their wild songbooks all around.

And
For every reason in existence
I begin to eternally,
To eternally laugh and love!

When I turn into a leaf
And start dancing,
I run to kiss our beautiful Friend
And I dissolve in the Truth
That I Am.

Hafiz

Thank you for viewing my blog. I hope it may inspire you in some way,
Lee
Music: Philip Glass
View my butoh mentor's inspiring blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

No comments:

Post a Comment