Wednesday, April 27, 2011

sakura... blossoming dreams


on the old plum tree
blossom by blossom
the spring thaw is born

Ransetsu

Patricia and I continued to share and dance our dreams via 'Skype'... I shared a dream I had of a woman who was dressed in a black raincoat who was stumbling underneath a street light... she then transformed into a pink blossom and was joined by other blossom-women in a dance...

Patricia shared her dream...

Patricia drew my dream... I drew her dream... with her dream woven in... with her previous dream also woven in... our dreams... dreams within dreams...
my art above...

Patricia's art below...
Patricia's dance...
While walking in the arboretum on this unseasonably cold April day, I was moved to dance my dream / interpretation of my dream / Patricia's art of my dream, my art of my dream, and my art of her dream...
The petals are falling! The petals are falling!... Today, mixed with thunder, lightening, rainbows and hail-pebbles, spring's sweet snowfall...

Love this dance practice of connection... to one another and to the natural world... grateful for the beauty of mama earth that abounds...

Thank you for viewing my blog... I hope it may inspire you to dance with the blossoms near you, before they fall like snow to the earth...
Lee
Music: Phillip Glass
Filmed by Brooke
See our dance collaboration blog here: Momobutoh Dance Company

No comments:

Post a Comment