Wednesday, March 9, 2011

rock steady love

On a Day When the Wind is Perfect

On a day
when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open and the world is full of beauty.
Today is such a
day...
The living heart gives to us as does that luminous sphere,
both caress the earth with great
tenderness.
This is a breeze that can enter the soul.
This love I know plays a drum...
Peace is wonderful,
but ecstatic dance is more fun...
On a day when the wind is perfect,
the sail just needs to open
and the love starts.
Today is such
a day.
~ Rumi ~


I love what the wind symbolizes - the winds of change, letting worries go into the wind, being taken by the wind... etc. Also, many of the dances I have enjoyed most in nature were ones in which the wind was a dance partner. I have found the wind to be such a good teacher in spontaneity as it is always changing it's direction and intensity - moment to moment. Many of the dances were 'buffets' with the wind!

However, I also find being in the wind very unsettling to my nervous system and after being in the wind will often feel inwardly rattled and mentally space-y. At those times I long to feel grounded and connect deeply to the earth to counterbalance those feelings.
In our last dance mentorship session together Momo suggested I practice with a large rock in the shape of a heart that was given to me by a friend. Not only to dance the symbolism of the 'heart' itself, but with the idea of using it to connect with gravity and the earth element.

Today was a perfect day to spontaneously explore my love / hate relationship to the wind and to express my gratitude to Mama Earth (in the form of rock) for keeping me connected to the Earth as I was being tossed about.
Thank you for viewing my blog. I hope it may inspire you to dance your own dance in the natural world. I love comments and would enjoy hearing from you.
Kindly, Lee
Music: Chopin
Film by Brooke
Visit our collaborative blog here: MomoButoh Company

No comments:

Post a Comment