Sunday, April 25, 2010

pond reflecting


At Blackwater Pond

At Blackwater Pond the tossed waters have settled
after a night of rain.
I dip my cupped hands. I drink
a long time. It tastes
like stone, leaves, fire. It falls cold
into my body, waking the bones. I hear them
deep inside me, whispering
oh what is that beautiful thing
that just happened?

Mary Oliver

One of my favorite things about daily dancing last year was visiting a particular area in nature several times over the months to experience that place in different seasons and weather. This pond in the park was a place I returned to several times and I was looking forward to this visit as spring is unfolding so beautifully in the various foliages in so many shades of green.

On our walk to the park, within a few hundred feet we saw a baby bunny, a baby squirrel poking it's head out of a woodpecker-ed hole in a stump, and a tiny white broken shell on the path. So sweet to find a mallard duck pair in this pond as well - spring has arrived and so has the call of nature to procreate and create...

Not sure where the bundle of straw grasses by the pond came from, but was happy to use them as my prop to dance with. This practice felt like a celebration of the arrival of spring and the abundance of water in the Pacific Northwest.

Thank you for viewing / reading. I hope this blog may inspire you in some way, perhaps to celebrate in your own way the beauty of our Mama Earth,

Lee

Music: De Bussy
Filmed by Brooke
See my butoh mentor's inspiring blog here: Maureen 'Momo' Freehill

If you click the below photo twice you can watch on the You Tube channel where the right side will not be cut off :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment